Join Leslie Goldstein in this 5-week course to learn the basics of care for your back!
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17-OCTOBER 15, 2012
$55 for the series (25% Senior & 15% Student discounts apply.)
Back Basics goals:
- Gain knowledge of the anatomy of your spine.
- Learn simple, safe, and effective yoga poses to help ease back pain, and gain strength and flexibility in your spine.
- Discover possible causes of injury to your spine.
- Learn preventative measures that can help reduce wear and tear and degenerative changes.
- Learn safe body mechanics and joint protection strategies to help you maintain a healthy spine.
- Discover techniques to reduce stress and restore balance in your spine.
DISCLAIMER: We make no claims that Back Basics will alleviate or cure your back pain. If you have questions about whether yoga may be appropriate for your back, please consult your health care practitioner before you register for this class. You are also welcome to contact the instructor with your questions.
Leslie Goldstein has been teaching yoga for over 30 years, receiving her first hatha yoga certification in 1987, and a second in 2007. She is a physical therapist with a private practice in Portland where she specializes in disorders of the spine and sacroiliac joints. Her in-depth experience in these areas gives her a comprehensive understanding of the musculoskeletal system and key insights in guiding exercises and preventative measures to help you maintain a healthy back.